Accessibility statement for NHS Sunderland CCG website
This website is run by North of England Commissioning Support (NECS), on behalf of NHS Sunderland CCG. The CCG wants as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email SUNCCG.email@example.com
- call 0191 512 8484
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
If you cannot view or there is no map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us (https://sunderlandccg.nhs.uk/contact-us/) for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact SUNCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us https://sunderlandccg.nhs.uk/contact-us/
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
North of England Commissioning Support Unit is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- WAI-ARIA image is missing alternative text (whole site affected).
- Element not highlighted on focus (whole site affected).
- Heading is missing text (2 items affected).
- Alternative text for image is identical to link text (2 items affected).
- Missing required WAI-ARIA states or properties (2 items affected).
- Local link destination does not exist (1 item affected).
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents. By September 2020, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Live video streams do not have captions. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.4 (captions – live).
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 31/01/2020. The test was carried out by North of England Commissioning Support Unit using Siteimprove
All pages were tested.
- our main website platform, available at https://sunderlandccg.nhs.uk/
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Testing by Siteimprove will be carried out a regular intervals to ensue ongoing compliance.
This statement was prepared on 11/10/2019. It was last updated on 04/02/2020.