NHS Sunderland CCG held a training and feedback event for the voluntary and community sector in February 2018. The CCG held this event to discuss the upcoming urgent care consultation, and to gather input on any suggestions the CCG need to take into account when involving VCSOs in taking part in consultation activities. NHS Sunderland CCG wanted to co-create the process of engaging with VCSO service users.
As a result of this co-creation event, NHS Sunderland CCG implemented the following changes when working with VCSOs to collect service users thoughts for the consultation:
- Provision of easy read equality and diversity questions
- Developing materials and templates to help collect the views from people who are not able to take part in group discussions.
- Increasing the financial contribution made by NHS Sunderland CCG to VCSOs, to help cover the costs incurred for holding focus groups or interviews
- Making sure VCSOs receive their financial contribution in a timely manner
- Printing materials on behalf of VCSOs to reduce the costs for them
- Offering to run focus groups and interviews on behalf of VCSOs
- Offering training and support for VCSOs to hold their own focus groups or interviews.
Papers from the event can be found below: